The speculation appears to be at an end. Rod Thorn told reporters Monday that he expects to be back next season, that Mikhail Prokhorov has given no indication that he won't be back. Thorn added he is in charge of hiring the Nets’ next head coach, which is in the "very preliminary" stages and the interview process hasn’t begun yet. It should in the next two weeks.
Thorn said that the next head coach could even be someone coaching in the playoffs. He didn't say if the coach is a head coach or an assistant. He has not ruled out elevating an assistant and noted that none of the coaches he has hired for the Nets ever was a head coach before, not Byron Scott, not Lawrence Frank, not Kiki Vandeweghe. Of Vandeweghe, Thorn would only say he is back doing his general manager job.
- Rod Thorn expects to return as team president - Tom Canavan - AP
- Nets President Adresses The Offseason - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Rod's Off-Season Plan For Nets - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
- The guy who fits in Nets coaching search - Dave D'Alessandro - Nets Blast
- Rod Thorn looks for Net gains in future - Julian Garcia - The InterNets
- Thorn Talks Offseason, with Optimism - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Rod Thorn Interview (Video) - New Jersey Nets