The Nets picked up loss No. 60 Tuesday at the Izod Center, falling to the Hawks by 20-plus points for the third time this season. This one was interesting for most of the first half, but a 19-5 Hawks run to end the second quarter turned a two-point lead into a 16-point cushion, and the Nets never threatened in the second half. Jamal Crawford caught fire and finished with 25 points on 11-18 shooting. On the other end, the Nets shot just 39 percent as a team. Brook Lopez led them with 21 points, Josh Boone grabbed a career-high 20 rebounds, and Terrence Williams finished with 15 points, six rebounds and four assists. Atlanta completed the season sweep, winning the three games by an average of 25.7 points.
Meanwhile, the Nets are starting to admit just how important avoiding that NBA futility mark. "I want to get three wins more than anything," Courtney Lee said. "We don’t talk about it, but I think it’s on everybody’s mind. You can see there’s a sense of urgency about it, because it comes up a lot. And it’s going to come up a lot more if we don’t get some wins soon."
"It's on our minds," said Keyon Dooling. "It's gotten so bad, one of our goals is to not be the worst team in the history of the game. That's hard to associate with 'goal,' but we don't want to go down in history as the worst team ever."
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Crawford's big 2nd quarter leads Hawks over Nets - Tom Canavan - AP
- 'Get to 10' victories remains Nets' rallying cry as they lose again - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Seven wins, 60 Defeats, 1 Wakeup Call - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
Hawks push Nets closer to record with easy win - Bob Considine - NBA.com
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Kiki Vandeweghe Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Josh Boone Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Nets Make NCAA Picks (Video) - YES Network
- 60 and counting for Nets - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- The biggest losers - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
Nets stay on 'worst' track - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets Lose Again and Fall to 7-60 - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Boone's 20 Boards Not Enough Against Hawks - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Crawford carries Hawks past Nets - Gregory Hrinya - The Examiner
- ATL-NJN Game Review: Punching Bags - Human Highlight Blog - Peachtree Hoops
5 reasons Nets may not deserve to be the worst team in NBA history - Star-Ledger