Mikhail Prokhorov may be close to the Kremlin, but that didn't stop Prime Minister Vladimir Putin from criticizing the Nets' new boss over a lack of funding for consumer energy. Saying of Prokhorov, "he has the money," Putin said that the oligarch had failed to invest enough in state energy companies sold them in recent years. "Those who misused their investment money will be fined," Putin said.
- Putin Warns Billionaires Prokhorov, Potanin on Power Investment - Ilya Khrennikov & Anastasia Ustinova - Bloomberg
- Putin may fine tycoons for low utilities investment - Gleb Bryanski - Reuters
- Putin Questions Dealings of Russian Oligarchs - Andrew Kramer - New York Times
- US Intelligence chief names oligarchs as criminals - John Helmer - Dances with Bears
- Putin raps energy sector oligarchs - Catherine Belton - Financial Times