LeBron James could not have ingratiated himself to Mikhail Prokhorov or the Players Association for that matter Thursday when he spoke about the consequences of contraction.
"Just imagine if you could take Kevin Love off Minnesota and add him to another team," he said. "Or, looking at some of the teams that's not that great, you take Brook Lopez or you take Devin Harris off these teams that's not that good right now and add 'em to a team that could be really good.
"I'm not saying, 'Let's take New Jersey, let's take Minnesota out of the league'," he added. "But, hey you guys are not stupid. I'm not stupid. I know what would be great for the league."
- LeBron James talks the merits of an NBA with fewer teams - Ira Winderman - South Florida Sun-Sentinel
- LeBron James: Contraction 'would be great for the league' - Brian Windhorst - ESPN
LeBron James mentions Nets when asked about contraction - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- LeBron James misguided in contraction yapping - Matt Moore - CBS Sports
LeBron: Contraction would be 'great' for NBA - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
LeBron suggests contraction might not be a bad thing - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
- Wade sits out Suns game with swollen knee - Ethan Skolnick - Palm Beach Post
- Miami Heat's LeBron James wants more multi-star teams - Paul Coro - Arizona Republic
LeBron James: NBA Might Be Better With Fewer Teams - Brett Pollakoff - Fan House
LeBron James not a Nets' fan - The Record
- LeBron hints that contraction might help NBA - John Marshall - AP
James says star-filled teams good for NBA - Agence France Presse