The Nets haven't won three straight games since February of 2009. And it's going to be a little while longer before they do it again, because they got smoked in New Orleans, 105-91, on Wednesday night.
The Hornets took the lead for good with a 14-2 run in the second quarter. The Nets were within four early in the third, but they scored just eight points in the final 10:56 of the period and were down by 20 by the start of the fourth.
New Orleans shot a season-high 54 percent from the field and 8-for-16 from 3-point range. Devin Harris led the Nets with 21 points and eight assists. Brook Lopez finished with 16 points, but he was outplayed by Emeka Okafor and made just six of his 16 shots. Sasha Vujacic and Derrick Favors added 12 and 10 points off the bench respectively.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Okafor leads Hornets past Nets, 105-91 - AP
Nets-Hornets notebook - Larry Holder - NBA.com
- Nets fall to Hornets, 105-91, breaking modest two-game winning streak - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets coach Avery Johnson has settled on his prime nine players - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets coach Avery Johnson has plenty to keep him happy - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Cold front burns Nets - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Avery Johnson denies reports he's a control freak, as he was portrayed when snubbed for Hornets job - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets beaten by Hornets, 105-91 - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Avery Johnson homecoming comes later than expected - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Johnson gives Nets high-five despite loss - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Bob Lorenz - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - Frank DiGraci - YES Network
- Pre-Game: Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Mike Fratello - YES Network
New Orleans Hornets dominate New Jersey Nets 105-91 - John Reid - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- New Orleans Hornets' improve home record to 12-3 (Video) - John Reid - New Orleans Times-Picayune
Avery Johnson hopes Hornets will remain in Crescent City - John Reid - New Orleans Times-Picayune