The good news is that the Nets only play two games in the next six days. The bad news is that both are on the road...and thanks to the schedule makers, the rest of December and the first part of January is going to force them into being road warriors. The Nets will play five of six games on the road, and 10 of its next 13 away from the Prudential Center. This doesn't bode well for the Nets, who have lost 10 straight road games. No it doesn't.
As for the Grizzlies, they will welcome back Rudy Gay, who was suspended for the last game. This is the first time the Nets will face their "Plan B" from last summer. The Grizzlies were supposed to be an up and coming team but are only 12-16. On a positive note, O.J. Mayo is playing well having dropped 27 on the Spurs in Gay's absence. In that same game, Zach Randolph had 24 points and 21 boards. Expect Avery Johnson to give both Sasha Vujacic and Troy Murphy more burn after their performances vs. the Hawks. The coach even said he is considering starting the former Laker.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Memphis Grizzlies Game Notes - Memphis Grizzlies
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
Getting Inside - Memphis Grizzlies - Sports Xchange
- Nets-Grizzlies Preview - Stats LLC
- Playing time isn't everything for Nets' Troy Murphy - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Trade-bait Murphy not 'Melo about vague Nets role - Fred Kerber - New York Post
The Nets are all about what could be - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Troy Murphy in a tough spot with Nets - Pete Caldera - The Record
Troy Murphy, a likely chip if Nets were to trade for Carmelo Anthony, tries to push past frustration - Christian Red - New York Daily News
- NETS: What to Watch This Week (Dec. 20-26) - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Marc Gasol's offense sputters - Ronald Tillery - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Memphis vs. New Jersey Nets - Ronald Tillery - Memphis Commercial Appeal
Grizzlies' Gay regrets not talking with Nets during free agency - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog