The Nets are still without a win against the Atlantic Division, losing another tough one to the Raptors at Toronto. In a back and forth game, the Nets were within two with 38 seconds left after Brook Lopez tapped in a Devin Harris miss. Then, with one second left on the 24 second clock, Leandro Barbosa sank a three to put put Toronto up by five.
After a promising start, the Nets executed poorly in the second half., particularly up front. Andrea Bargnani dominated the Nets front court, scoring 32 and garnering 9 boards, while Linas Kleiza had a double double, 18 points and 12 boards. It wasn't just the defense. After turning the ball over twice in the first half, the Nets gave it up 10 times in the second.
For the Nets, Lopez scored 20 and snared 7 rebounds, Kris Humphries had yet another double, his eighth and fourth in the last five games, going 12 and 12, while hitting 5 of 6 from the floor. Harris had 15 points and 6 assists. Quinton Ross left the game less than two minutes into the game. Sasha Vujacic, playing his first game as Net shot 3 of 10, including 0 of 5 from deep.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Bargnani scores 32 points, Raptors beat Nets 98-92 - AP
Nets-Raptors notebook - Holly J. MacKenzie - NBA.com
- Nets struggle to stop Andrea Bargnani, lose to Raptors - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets Notebook: Sasha Vujacic plays 27 minutes in Nets debut - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets fade down stretch . . . again - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Lots of run for Vujacic in debut - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets can't stop Andrea Bargnani as Raptors win 98-92 - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets notes: Troy Murphy moving soon - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets break down and get shot down - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Pre-Game: Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Jim Spanarkel - YES Network
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Jim Spanarkel - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
Bargnani, Calderon prove their worth in Raptors’ 98-92 victory - Doug Smith - Toronto Star
- Bargnani leads Raptors over Nets - Mike Ganter - Toronto Sun
- Raptors give Sam Mitchell rude welcome - Hayley Mick - Toronto Globe & Mail
Bargnani haunts former coach in Raptors win - Eric Koreen - Montreal Gazzette