Putting aside the Carmelo Anthony possibilities, what does Wednesday's trade bring to the Nets? If you ask Sasha Vujacic, who's been in Phil Jackson's doghouse, it brings relief and as much of a brand new start as Terrence Williams will get with the Rockets. And like T-Will, Vujacic will tell you he's relieved, if surprised.
"I'm 26 years old, I've played a few years and the last couple years playing on and off, it was just killing," Vujacic said Tuesday night. "We'll see -- if it happens -- then I definitely want to double what I did in LA."
Vujacic, who holds the Lakers' single season three point shooting record, will bring more than a shooter's mentality, says his once and future teammate, Jordan Farmar. "He’s a good teammate, a hardworker, a tremendous shooter. He’s going to be scrappy on defense and he’s a feisty European, that’s how I would describe him.
- Postgame stuff: Farmar talks about his ex-teammate turned current teammate, Sasha Vujacic - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Vujacic would bring shooting and scrappiness to Nets - Jared Zwerling - ESPN New York
- Phil Jackson Welcomes 'John Doe'; Sasha Vujacic Surprised by Trade - Michael Katz - FanHouse
- Good riddance to narrow-minded Sasha Vujacic - Kevin Ding - Orange County Register
- Popular Laker about to be traded? - Kevin Ding - Orange County Register
- Lakers send Sasha Vujacic to Nets, get veteran Joe Smith in three-team trade - Mike Bresnahan & Broderick Turner - Los Angeles Times
- Will Joe Smith Factor Into Lakers' Rotation After Trade From Nets? - Tom Ziller - SB Nation
Nets inherit another headache - Sean Deveney - Sporting News