Terrence Williams was packing his bags for his move to Houston, Anthony Morrow suffered a strained right hamstring before the game even started, and the Sixers came in playing strong defense, so this one had real potential to be ugly. And it was. The Nets shot just 34 percent from the field in dropping their eighth straight game, a 82-77 loss to the Sixers at the Prudential Center.
An 10-2 run early in the first quarter gave Philly a lead they naver gave up. The Nets were within two early in the fourth quarter and within three in the final minute, but they never got a chance to tie or take the lead.
Brook Lopez led the Nets with 16 points and Derrick Favors recorded his second career double-double. Kris Humphries grabbed 13 rebounds, but shot just 1-for-10 from the field.
After the game, Devin Harris called a team meeting. "We need to jump out on these teams and really put them back on their heels, but it’s like we walk into a fight and we catch the first three punches before we realize what’s going on," he said afterward.
Morrow will have an MRI on his hamstring on Wednesday.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
Dunk of the Night: Andre Iguodala (Video) - NBA.com
- Hawes has 18, 76ers end 8-game road losing streak - AP
Sixers-Nets notebook - Jake Appleman - NBA.com
- Shorthanded Nets drop eighth straight with 82-77 loss to 76ers - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets call team meeting; acknowledge they lacked energy - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Nets lose eighth straight game, falling 82-77 to Sixers - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Same old story as Nets skid stretches to eight - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets lose eighth consecutive game, solidify spot in last place - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Rapid Reaction: Sixers 82, Nets 77 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Harris calls team only meeting after Nets drop eighth straight - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Bob Lorenz - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
Nets drop eighth straight in ugly loss to Sixers (with Audio) - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
NETS: Morrow's Start Subtracted, Nets Shooting Suffers - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Not as nice, but still a Sixers win - Kate Fagan - Philadephia Inquirer
- Hawes, defense carry Sixers past the Nets - Bob Cooney - Philadelphia Daily News
Sixers Notes: Shooting with Meeks benefited Williams - Bob Cooney - Philadelphia Daily News