Terrence Williams was inactive (and not at The Rock) for Tuesday's game. It's because he's going to be traded to the Rockets Wednesday. In a three-way trade, Williams goes to Houston and Joe Smith to the Lakers. The Nets get the Lakers' Sasha Vujacic, the Lakers' 2011 first-round pick, and the Rockets' 2012 lottery-protected first rounder.
The trade gives the Nets 10 draft picks over the next two years: two firsts and two seconds in the 2011 draft and three firsts and three seconds in the 2012 draft. The Nets will remain under the cap.
The deal can't be approved until Wednesday when players signed in the off-season are eligible to be dealt. Smith was signed by the Nets in the off-season.
The move is possibly a precursor to a deal for Carmelo Anthony. "Those assets, combined with 2010 No. 3 pick Derrick Favors and power forward Troy Murphy, would put New Jersey in the driver's seat in the Melo sweepstakes," Ken Berger writes. But the question of whether Anthony would sign a contract extension with the Nets remains.
- Williams’ Trade Details - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
Nets close in on deal for two No.1 picks with eyes on Carmelo Anthony - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Rockets, Nets, Lakers agree on trade - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo!
- Nets trade Terrence Williams to Houston Rockets in three-way deal - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets grab more picks for possible Carmelo trade - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
Nets picks offer options on 'Melo - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Williams traded to Rockets, Nets get Vujacic and two first-round picks back - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
Nets Send Williams on a Rocket to Houston - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Williams' trade looks like a win for the Nets - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
Three-Team Deal Could Affect Carmelo Anthony - Jonathan Abrams - New York Times
- Nets closing in on multiple picks for Melo deal - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
Nets Stockpile Picks for Carmelo Anthony Push in Three-Team Trade - Sam Amick - FanHouse
Rockets to acquire Nets' Williams in three-team trade - Jonathan Feigen - Houston Chronicle
- Sources: Vujacic to Nets in 3-team deal - ESPN
- Trade breakdown: T-Will gets fresh start - ESPN
- Taking the D train to Houston - Fran Blinebury - NBA.com
- Real rivalry between Knicks and Nets - Alan Hahn - New York Newsday
Carmelo Anthony To Nets Trade Package Sweetened By Deal With Lakers - Tom Ziller - SB Nation
- Rockets' Acquisition Of Williams Defines Current State Of Organization - Tom Martin - Dream Shake
Joe Smith now a Laker? - C.A. Clark - Silver Screen and Roll
Nets swingman tweets goodbye amid trade reports - Agence France Presse