Carmelo Anthony is in New York to play the Knicks...and test out his sore knee. So when he talked to the media, what he said bore listening to. He surprised the reporters by saying he is still considering that $65 million extension offered last summer by the Nuggets. He doesn't think he has to sign it before the trade deadline but admits things are likely to be settled by the trade deadline.
As for that new arena a few miles from his birthplace in Red Hook, Anthony had this to say: "We shall see. Man, I think that’s what a lot of people are waiting for, for that team to move to Brooklyn and see how it’s going to turn out -- if it’s going to be a Lakers-Clippers type of situation or what. I think a lot of people are anticipating that move... "I’m one of the guys that are waiting to see how that’s going to turn out."
Memo to 'Melo: Mikhail Prokhorov is definitely not Donald Sterling.
- Melo: 'I'll think about' signing Denver deal - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
Carmelo Anthony providing new meaning to Melo-drama with ongoing speculation of his future - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Anthony Knows the Drill - Practice, Then Sidestep Queries on the Knicks - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Sought-after Anthony makes MSG stop today - Marc Berman - New York Post
Will he play? Carmelo won't say - Alan Hahn - New York Newsday
- Carmelo Anthony denies he has ruled out re-signing with Nuggets - Mitch Lawrence - New York Daily News
- Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov's plan off to painfully slow start - Mitch Lawrence - New York Daily News
'Tis the season for shopping Carmelo Anthony - Mark Kiszla - Denver Post