Mark Cuban isn't worth one-eighth of what Mikhail Prokhorov is worth. He's probably worth less than James Dolan. But he does have the NBA track record Prokhorov or Dolan dream of: ten straight 50-win seasons and a reputation of doing everything first class. So his comments about Prokhorov, even in jest, got some attention.
"He's a (expletive)," said Cuban as he worked out on an exercise bike, quickly adding, "I said it jokingly. The guy is like a Russian Ninja and trains with every weapon known to man." The expletive challenged Prokhorov's manhood.
Cuban did say that Prokhorov has to be ready to do the big deal...and show up at more games. "If Prokhorov does what I did to try to make deals and get something before the trade deadline then all that changes. But, you know, building a true professional team means having to spend money. We just haven't seen it."
Prokhorov responded to Cuban on Friday afternoon. "I think Mark has it wrong,'' Prokhorov said in a statement. "I don't like cats."
- Mark Cuban needles Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Prokhorov responds with humor to verbal jabs from Cuban - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Dallas Mavericks' owner Mark Cuban talks about Avery Johnson and the Nets - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Cuban jabs Prokhorov - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Mark Cuban calls out Mikhail Prokhorov - Tim MacMahon - ESPN Dallas
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban jokes about New Jersey Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov - Eddie Sefko - Dallas Morning News
- Mark Cuban Is Unimpressed With Mikhail Prokhorov's Masculinity - Tom Ziller - SB Nation
Cuban rips Nets' owner Prokhorov - Brian Smith - FOX Sports Southwest
When billionaires fight - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports