The Nets gave a better showing than they did in their first game against the Heat, but they couldn't keep the big three under wraps for more than a quarter and a half and fell in Miami 101-89 on Saturday night. High point for the Nets might have been a flagrant foul by Terrence Williams on LeBron James.
TWill said the foul meant to send a message that the Nets need to be tougher. LeBron's response: "Do we play New Jersey again? Just once. I’ll be ready for it."
The Nets led most of the first half and were up by four midway through the second quarter. The Heat took the lead with a 14-2 run, but the Nets kept it close until a 12-2 Miami run made it an 18-point game late in the third...not long after TWill's flagrant.
Anthony Morrow was the only Net who had it going offensively, scoring 25 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Williams filled the boxscore with seven points, seven rebounds and nine assists, and Derrick Favors added 11 points and five boards. But Brook Lopez struggled for the second straight night, missing 11 of his 16 shots and grabbing just three rebounds in 31 minutes. And the other three starters combined for just 19 points on 6-for-21 from the field.
The Heat shot 49 percent and were led by Dwyane Wade, who finished with 29 points and 10 rebounds.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Wade, James, Bosh carry Heat past Nets, 101-89 - Tim Reynolds - AP
- Miami Heat's big three outlast Nets, combine for 53, in 101-89 victory - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets' Williams fires up LeBron with hard foul - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Humphries gains time at Petro's expense - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets wilt under the Heat as LeBron James puts on a show - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets notes: Josh Boone hoping to return to NBA - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets have no answers for Dwyane Wade and Lebron James in 101-89 to Heat - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- TWill's flagrant foul and the aftermath - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Nets need to show more toughness Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Marv Albert & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Miami Heat's Big Three each excel in rout of Nets - Joseph Goodman - Miami Herald
- On Miami Heat, there's no monopoly on taking final shot - Joseph Goodman - Miami Herald
- Determined Miami Heat does better work on boards - Didier Morais - Miami Herald
- Miami Heat turns to Plan D vs. Nets - Andre Fernandez - Miami Herald
Miami Heat quickly goes from doghouse to funhouse - Linda Robertson - Miami Herald
Heat's too hot for Nets - Ira Winderman - South Florida Sun Sentinel
- Heat 101, Nets 89 – Observations - Ira Winderman - South Florida Sun Sentinel
- Heat notebook: Spoelstra says rebound woes raise a red flag - Ethan J. Skolnick - Palm Beach Post
- Dwyane Wade-to-LeBron James dunk play punctuates Heat defeat of Nets - Ethan J. Skolnick - Palm Beach Post
- Big Three, disruptive 'D' key to Miami victory - Chris Perkins - FOX Sports Florida
- Bosh's honesty, humility may be his saving grace - Bill Reiter - FOX Sports Florida
Heat vs. Nets: Miami's Big Three Too Much for New Jersey - Surya Fernandez - FanHouse
- Miami's Big Three sizzle in win over New Jersey - Mike Mouat - Reuters
- Play of the Day - Dwyane Wade to LeBron James (Video) - NBA.com
Highlight plays help Heat to win over Nets - David Dwork - Peninsula Is Mightier
Photo Gallery - Nets vs. Heat - AP