A bad start and a really bad finish hurt the Nets in Philadelphia on Saturday night, as they fell to 5-11 with a head-shaking 102-86 loss to the previously 3-13 Sixers.
Said Avery Johnson: "We couldn't score or defend in the fourth quarter...which has been a problem for us lately."
Philly started the game hot, but the Nets took the lead with a 16-1 run in the second quarter. They led by two at halftime and the game was tied after the third quarter, but the fourth was all Philly. The Sixers scored 36 points (the most the Nets have allowed in any quarter this season) on 15-for-18 shooting in the final 12 minutes, quickly turning a close game into a blowout.
Philly shot 51 percent for the game and turned the ball over just five times. The Nets had just six turnovers of their own, but shot only 41 percent. Brook Lopez led all scorers with 25 points, Devin Harris added 19 points and seven assists, and Kris Humphries grabbed 15 rebounds. But they didn't get much help.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- First Half Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Holiday, Sixers top Nets 102-86 - AP
- Sixers-Nets notebook - Mike Radano - NBA.com
Fastbreak of the Night - Andre Iguodala (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets suffer 102-86 loss to Rod Thorn's 76ers - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Nets coach Avery Johnson to hold shootaround Sunday - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- No grudge for Nets rookie Derrick Favors when facing Evan Turner and Sixers - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Nets are 'dogs' in loss to Sixers - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets' lackluster performance leads to 102-86 loss to Sixers - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets fall to Philadelphia 76ers 102-86 as Brook Lopez and Devin Harris receive little scoring help - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Nets take big step backward against 76ers - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Pre-Game: Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Marv Albert & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - YES Network
- 76ers take out the Nets with balanced attack - Kevin Tatum - Philadelphia Inquirer
- Sixers Notes: With busy schedule, Collins relies on 76ers' resiliency - Kevin Tatum - Philadelphia Inquirer
- Sixers cut down Nets - Dennis Deitch - Delco Times
- Sixers' conundrum revolves around Iguodala - Dennis Deitch - Delco Times
Iguodala's frustration is evident - Martin Frank - Cherry Hill Courier-Post
Sixers pull away for win over Nets - Tom Moore - Bucks County Courier-Times
Sixers Pull Away Late to Down Visiting Nets - Dei Lynam - Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia