The Nets showed fight against a good team once again, but their trip ended with another disappointment on Saturday in Denver, as a comeback came short in the final minute and the Nuggets came away with a 107-103 win.
Denver led most of the night, but as they did in Utah on Wednesday, the Nets hung around. Even when the Nuggets went up 13 with an 11-0 run spanning the third and fourth quarters, the Nets got it back to within two. They got their first chance to tie or take the lead after a Carmelo Anthony miss with 26 seconds left, but Brook Lopez missed a contested layup that would have tied the game with 15 seconds left, and Anthony sealed the game at the line.
The Nets outrebounded the Nuggets and committed just seven turnovers, but they shot just 40 percent, while allowing Denver to shoot 48 percent from the field and 7-for-13 from 3-point range.
Seven Nets finished in double-figures, led by Lopez's 20 points (on 21 shots). Derrick Favors had three dunks in the first half and finished with a career-high 14 points and eight rebounds. Anthony led Denver with 28 points and eight boards.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Anthony's 28 helps Nuggets hold off Nets, 107-103 - AP
- Nets-Nuggets notebook - Michael Kelly - NBA.com
- Pre-Game: Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Pre-Game: George Karl Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Anthony Morrow Interview (Video) - YES Network
Melo beats Nets, but they still hope he joins them - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Carmelo Anthony shows Nets what they’re missing - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets notes: A money move - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets nipped by 'Melo, Nuggets - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Late call goes against Outlaw, Nets - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nuggets top Nets, 107-103, as Carmelo Anthony stars - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Nets coach Avery Johnson 'proud' of team's hustle at end of road trip - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Brook Lopez's last-second brick sends Nets to another devastating loss, 107-103 - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- George Karl makes a pitch for Carmelo - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
Carmelo Anthony dodges trade questions by skipping out on media before Nuggets win over Nets - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nuggets' solid start fades into a scary finish - Benjamin Hochman - Denver Post
- Nets sounding like Favors will stay put - Chris Dempsey - Denver Post
Birdman set for key drills today in rehab - Chris Dempsey & Benjamin Hochman - Denver Post
- Denver Nuggets vs. New Jersey Nets postgame 3-pointers - Benjamin Hochman - Denver Post