The Nets recovered from a 12-point second-half deficit to pick up their first road win of the season and earn a home-and-home split with the Cavs on Wednesday night in Cleveland.
The Nets shot just 38 percent in the first half and trailed by 12 after the first possession of the third quarter. Their energy picked up midway through the period and an Anthony Morrow three at the buzzer put them within two heading into the fourth. The teams traded leads in the final period, but after a J.J. Hickson dunk put the Cavs up one with 4:53 to go, the Nets big plays from Jordan Farmar, Kris Humphries, and Morrow to go up seven with 2:19 left. They missed four free throws down the stretch, but got enough stops to hold on for an eight-point win.
The Nets shot just 42 percent from the field overall and just 19-for-35 from the line, but they turned the ball over just nine times and hit eight of their 17 threes. Defensively, they held the Cavs to just 35 points on 14-for-38 shooting in the second half.
Devin Harris led the way with 31 points and nine assists. Morrow added 21 points on 8-for-12 shooting, and Humphries, a last-minute starter, finished with 13 points and 18 rebounds. Brook Lopez was in foul trouble and ineffective most of the night, scoring just four points in 19 minutes.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- First Half Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets slide by Cavaliers 95-87 - Tom Withers - AP
- Nets get revenge on Cleveland Cavaliers in 95-87 win on the road - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets notebook: Murphy, Williams sit out vs. Cavs - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets rally in second half to beat Cavaliers, 95-87 - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Avery Johnson gives players too many passes - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets notes - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Big-time effort gives Nets win over Cavs - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Williams, Murphy sit out with injuries - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Brook Lopez's struggles continue, but Nets find a way to win in Cleveland - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Humphries' big game makes up for Lopez's silent night - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Kris Humphries on Nets win over Cleveland (Video) - Jim Spanarkel - YES Network
- Avery Johnson on Nets comeback win (Video) - YES Network
- Jim Spanarkel and Ian Eagle talk Nets win (Video) - YES Network
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Jessica Taft - YES Network
Cavaliers lose Mo Williams as offense falters in 95-87 loss to New Jersey - Jodie Valade - Cleveland Plain-Dealer
- Cavaliers Finding Their Home Not So Cozy - Mary Schmitt Boyer - Cleveland Plain-Dealer
Cavs keep it fresh in fourth quarter - Jason Lloyd - Akron Beacon-Journal
- Recap: Nets 95, Cavs 87 - Jason Lloyd - Akron Beacon-Journal
- Nets 95, Cavaliers 87: Mo Williams injured in loss - Willoughby News-Herald
No ‘me' in Williams' team (with Video) - Willoughby News-Herald
- Cavs Fall Short Of Four In A Row - Lose To Nets 95 - 87 - FTSMatthew - Fear the Sword
- CAVALIERS: Final Dime: Nets 95, Cavaliers 87 - Joe Gabriele - Cleveland Cavaliers
CAVALIERS: Game Quotes: Cavaliers vs. Nets - Joe Gabriele - Cleveland Cavaliers