You know the story line: DeMarcus Cousins, taken at #5 in the draft, thinks the Nets should have taken him over Derrick Favors at #3 and he is out to prove they were mistaken, saying at one point he was going to "go at" Favors' "neck". He did not specify how.
Both players had excellent NBA debuts. Both the Nets and Kings won close games. Favors had 8 points and 10 rebounds while Cousins had 14 and 8. Cousins played six and a half more minutes.
Of course, the game is unlikely to be decided by the two best big men in the Draft. Brook Lopez (25 and 9) and Devin Harris (22 and 9) played well vs. Detroit. Tyreke Evans, suspended for the Minnesota game, will make his debut and Francisco Garcia (22, including two three pointers) looks like he's recovered nicely from his injuries. Troy Murphy remains out. Samuel Dalembert is a question mark for the Kings.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Sacramento Kings Game Notes - Sacramento Kings
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Sacramento Kings Sports Xchange
- Kings-Nets Preview - AP
Nets' Favors, Kings' Cousins already have rookie rivalry - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Murphy Getting Closer - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- The Jugger-Nets - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
Cousins won't do Nets any Favors - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Lopez excited to face DeMarcus - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- New Jersey enjoys being 'The Unbeaten Nets' - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
DeMarcus Cousins eager to prove Nets wrong in showdown against Derrick Favors - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Favors vs. Cousins: From AAU to the NBA - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Troy Murphy steps up work at Nets practice - Colin Stephenson - Nets Blast
Favors will face Kings rookie Cousins, who is seeking vengeance - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- The Nets in Newark Feels Like a Good Fit - William C. Rhoden - New York Times
- With Evans back, Dalembert close, Kings nearly complete - Jason Jones - Sacramento Bee
Kings plan vs. New Jersey - Jason Jones - Sacramento Bee
- Kings notes: Victory, not longtime rival, is Cousins' focus - Jason Jones - Sacramento Bee
- Kings Blog and Q&A: Dalembert getting closer to playing - Jason Jones - Sacramento Bee
- NETS: Derrick Favors, Just Doing His Job - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets