Mikhail Prokhorov's Gulfstream is on the way to New Jersey and his first official game as an NBA owner. A year after he agreed to buy the team and five and a half months after being approved by the league, Prokhorov will watch HIS team from one of the skyboxes at the Prudential Center, to be joined by David Stern.
It's uncertain how long he'll stick around, but he said he'd take in 10 games a year...it's hard to imagine he'll want to miss the Heat game. Expect he'll be visible at the game and will talk some to the press. But also expect a surprise or two, like announcing Russia's leading airline, Aeroflot, has become a Nets sponsor. It will be interesting because, after all, he is The Most Interesting Man in the World.
- Nets’ Top Attraction May Be Prokhorov - Ken Belson - New York Times
- Johnson: Prokhorov will attend opener - Ian Begley - ESPN New York
- Q&A with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov - Rachel Morajee - Fortune
- Snob appeal - Rachel Morajee - Fortune
- Nets' Yormark Expects More Russia Deals After Aeroflot (Video) - Maryam Nemazee - Bloomberg TV
Nets, Aeroflot announce sponsorship agreement - AP