With Avery Johnson holding Brook Lopez and Jordan Farmar out, the Nets finished the preseason with a 107-92 loss to the Celtics on Wednesday night in Boston. The Nets scored 27 points in the first quarter and led by as many as 14 early in the second, but they couldn't hold off the Celtics, who chipped away at the lead and then took control with a 15-2 run in the third quarter.
Lawrence Frank, filling in for Doc Rivers, got his first win against his former team.
The Nets shot 48 percent from the field, but made just one of their eight shots from 3-point range and turned the ball over another 20 times. They also recorded just 12 assists and allowed the Celtics to shoot 57 percent.
Derrick Favors didn't score until late in the third quarter, but he led the Nets with a preseason-high 16 points on 5-for-7 from the field and 6-for-6 from the line, adding four rebounds and two blocks in 24 total minutes. Five other Nets finished in double-figures.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Allen leads Celtics' starters in big 3rd quarter - AP
- Boston beating could be good for Nets - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
Whistles Foul Up Night for Favors - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Derrick Favors shines as Nets close out preseason with fourth straight loss - Conor Orr - Star-Ledger
Through tough love, Terrence Williams warming up to head coach Avery Johnson - Conor Orr - Star-Ledger
Celtics Crush Nets in Preseason Finale - Greg Payne - CelticsBlog
- First impressions: Celtics 107, Nets 92 - Chris Forsberg - ESPN Boston
Pregame notes: Rivers sits one out (Video) - Chris Forsberg - ESPN Boston
Wafer appears to win battle for final spot - Chris Forsberg - ESPN Boston
- Final: Celtics 107, Nets 92 - Julian Benbow - Boston Globe Blog
- Not easy seeing green: Celtics’ Davis won’t dwell on contract - Julian Benbow & Gary Washburn - Boston Globe
- Celtics rip Nets, await season opener - Mark Murphy - Boston Herald
- Von Wafer beats Stephane Lasme for final spot - Dan Duggan - Boston Herald
Danny Ainge fit puzzle pieces - Steve Bulpett - Boston Herald
Celtics heat up to start season - Bill Doyle - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Celtics Feeling Good Following Preseason Finale With Opener a Week Away - Evans Clinchy - NESN
Shaq's promise greater than problems as C's beat Nets - A. Sherrod Blakely - NECN
- Celtics 107, Nets 92: Boston overcomes sluggish start - Daniel Barbarisi - Providence Journal
- Fast Break: Sharp Shaq ignites C’s win - Ben Rohrbach - WEEI
Johan Petro Interview (Audio) - Scott Engel - RotoExperts