According to David Aldridge, Chris Sheridan's suggestion that the Knicks have made "significant progress" in acquiring Anthony has "no legs". Another source involved in trade talks tells Aldridge that he still believes the Nets will ultimately wind up with Anthony.
He writes, "League sources that have been involved in trade discussions with the Nuggets about Anthony in recent weeks maintained that the New Jersey Nets are still in direct talks with Denver about Anthony." The talks, he added, have been low-key.
Meanwhile, Al Iannazzone tweets, "Nets are trying to get something done with Denver without involving any other teams and word is they're making progress". Specifically, Iannazzone reports the Nets' latest offer is Derrick Favors, the expiring contracts of Troy Murphy and Kris Humphries plus two first round picks. And he adds, "one source wouldn't be surprised if more became involved and the Nuggets asked for Terrence Williams at some point".
One player not included in the "most recent" Nets offers to Denver: Devin Harris, tweets Conor Orr, quoting a team insider.
- Aldridge: Melo to Knicks report has 'no legs' - David Aldridge - NBA.com
- Melo will get out, but only when Denver says so - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
- Proposed Carmelo deal won’t go away - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Knicks in a 'Melo mood; Amar'e says 'we'll see' - Steve Adamek - The Record
All is quiet on the Carmelo Anthony front, person close to deal says - Conor Orr - Star-Ledger
- Knicks and Nets are in two-team competition for services of Nuggets All-Star Carmelo Anthony - Frank Isola - New York Daily News
Melo talks back on, Lopez needs to get physical - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Anthony Is Topic No. 1 As Trade Talks Percolate - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Knicks say they're talking to Nuggets about Anthony - Marc Berman - New York Post
Spike Lee helps direct Knicks' bidding - Marc Berman - New York Post
- Or maybe not… new report says ‘Melo to Knicks has "no legs," Nets still frontrunners - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
A Million Carmelo Anthony Rumors and No Conclusions - Josh Alper - NBC New York