Avery Johnson would like the Nets to have another six or seven preseason games to get ready for Opening Night in a week. But that won't happen. The Nets will play their final game of the preseason Wednesday in Boston and then have a week to prepare for the Pistons. The game will be televised, but tape-delayed, on YES.
The Nets are battling both the remnants of jet lag and their first back-to-back on 2010-11. They'll also be trying to end preseason at .500. The Celtics are 6-1 in the preseason. Only Orlando, Utah and Memphis have better records. Boston can be expected to play its Big Four for much of the game. Boston got some good news Tuesday when a biopsy of a lesion on Doc Rivers' throat came back benign. Lawrence Frank ran the team's practice while Rivers underwent a biopsy.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Boston Celtics Games Notes - Boston Celtics
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Boston Celtics - Sports Xchange
Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers cancer-free after having biopsy - Chris Forsberg - ESPN Boston
- Boston Celtics, Jermaine O'Neal not off to healthy start - Chris Forsberg - ESPN Boston
- Celtics’ inside looking out - Steve Bulpett - Boston Herald
- Doc Rivers survives minor scare - Steve Bulpett - Boston Herald
Results of throat biopsy negative for Celtics coach Rivers - Frank Dell'Apa - Boston Globe
Boston Celtics Notes - October 19 - Greg Payne - Celtics Blog