Breakfast with the Nets. Forget the popcorn and soda. It's more like oatmeal and coffee. The Nets will face off against the Rockets in Beijing Wednesday night in Beijing, but with a 12-hour time difference, that will mean an 8 a.m. start time back home. The game will be broadcast on NBA TV.
The Nets are likely to be jet-lagged...although so will the Rockets. What's better? A 17-hour plane ride without a break (Houston) or two plane rides of nine and seven and a half hours with a day on the ground in between (New Jersey)? Fans in Beijing are unlikely to care. After all, they'll not only get to see an NBA game but will also be able to gauge the progress of national hero Yao Ming, who's being limited to 12 minutes a game. Oh yeah, Courtney Lee.
Avery Johnson will go with the same starting lineup he had against the Sixers on Saturday: Devin Harris, Anthony Morrow, Travis Outlaw, Derrick Favors and Brook Lopez. Johnson wants Harris to play 30-32 minutes, and play them more aggressively.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Houston Rocket Game Notes - Houston Rockets
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Houston Rockets - Sports Xchange
- Nets Not Russian To Come Home - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Coach Avery Johnson talks about Nets' experiences in Russia, China so far - Conor Orr - Nets Blast
- Nets players meet owner in Russia - David Satriano - NY Post Nets Blog
- Nets Now in China, Ready for the Rockets - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
NETS VIDEO: Nets Travel to China - New Jersey Nets
- Rockets in China (Video) - NBA.com
NETS DANCERS: Talk About a Travel Day! - Bonnie Lincoln - New Jersey Nets
- Time for liftoff - China Daily
- Arenas to host nba china games - China Daily
- NBA boss leads a charmed life - China Daily
- Yao's Rockets to take on the Nets in China - Li Xinran - Shanghai Post
- NETS: China Central - New Jersey Nets