In another indication Mikhail Prokhorov is becoming Russia's favorite oligarch, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has asked "relevant ministries and government agencies" to quickly approve Prokhorov's plan to build small, electric-powered plastic cars. Prokhorov has no experience in the automotive business, but has investments in energy. The car would be built by Onexim, the same company that will own the Nets.
- Prokhorov Gets OK for Budget Car - Moscow Times
- Billionaire Prokhorov Wins Putin Backing for ‘High-Tech’ Car - Yuriy Humber - Bloomberg
- Putin backs Russia's first electric car project - Gleb Bryanski & Gleb Stolyarov - Reuters
- Onexim group to start production of low-budget city cars - source - ITAR-TASS
- Russian tycoon Prokhorov to launch electric car project in Russia - RIA Novosti