Recounting the distractions that could hurt the Nets this season does no good. They're obvious. The team understands that. With Vince Carter gone, the burden of getting the Nets through those distractions falls on Devin Harris, his leadership...and his defense. Harris says he embraces the challenge and among the first things he said to his teammates yesterday was, "I just want to say that I love you guys."
- Nets open training camp with a familiar refrain - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Frank already pleading for defense from new-look Nets - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- With distractions afoot, Nets want to stay focused on court - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Harris ready to take reins for Nets - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Harris Steps Into Leadership Role - Alex Raskin - HoopsWorld
- With Eye on Better Future, Nets Try to Focus on Now - Jonathan Abrams - New York Times