Bruce Ratner's redesign of Barclays Center sailed through the Empire State Development Corp. board Thursday, another victory for the Nets' owner who is racing a Dec. 31 deadline. But critics claim that the redesign was so different and the timetable for the overall Atlantic Yards project so imprecise a whole new review was justified. With the vote now in the book, they are planning a new round of lawsuits.
- Huge Atlantic Yards project wins crucial approval - Amanda Fung - Crain's New York Business
- Once Again, State Approves Atlantic Yards; City May Pay Ratner for Infrastructure Work - Eliot Brown - New York Observer
- 'Net' gain for Ratner - Rich Calder - New York Post
- Agency's approval of Atlantic Yards may lead to more court time - John Brennan - The Record
- At ESDC board meeting, new revelations of ESDC's concessions to Ratner and forceful criticisms from opponents (with video) - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report