The architects for Barclays Center gave new details about the arena at an information session in Brooklyn Monday night, including a timeframe of 26 months to complete the $800 million project. If ground is broken in December, that would put Opening Night around the time of All-Star Break 2012. Also, the New York architect who Bruce Ratner brought in at the last minute spoke about how the commission came about.
- Talking SHoP about Atlantic Yards - Eliot Brown - New York Observer
- Bait and switch? Designer admits that rendering will change - Gersh Kuntzman - Brooklyn Paper
- Arena architects talk shop; AIA runs interference on questions of process and ethics - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report
- Photo Gallery: A Conversation with Atlantic Yards Architects and New Models - Tracy Collins - Flickr
- Video from session Monday with architects at Borough Hall - Jonathan Barkey & Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report