Yi Jianlian sprained his right foot during Team China practice Tuesday, but team officials and Yi said the injury isn't serious and Yi resumed practice after being treated with ice. The sprain won't prevent the seven footer from playing Thursday against India in the first round of the FIBA Asia Cup. Yi landed awkwardly on the foot of a teammate early in practice. One official called the injury "a false alarm".
- Yi suffers minor foot sprain in training (Machine Translation) - CBA China
- Yi Jianlian injured ahead of Asian Championships - CCTV
- Yi Jianlian injured ahead of Asian Championships (Video) - CCTV
- Yao out; crown up for grabs - Singapore Straits-Times
- Yi to lead Chinese charge - Eurosport
- Hopes are high for Korea’s hoops heros - Jason Kim - Joong Ang Daily
- Yi leads China charge to reclaim Asia title - Reut4rs