Iran dominated Team China from the opening tip and won the FIBA Asia Cup Sunday, 70-52. Yi Jianlian grabbed 11 rebounds but shot poorly, going 5-for-16 overall and 1-for-4 from the line to finish with 11 points. Iran was up by 17 at the half and 25 in the fourth. Hamed Ehadadi, Iran's 7'2" center, scored 19 points and grabbed 17 rebounds but it was the Iranian guards who pushed the tempo at both ends.
- Boxscore - FIBA
- Player Profile - Yi Jianlian - FIBA
- Player Leaders - FIBA Asia Cup - FIBA
- IRI/CHN - Iran Retain Title in Style - S. Mageshwaran - FIBA
- Photo Gallery: Team Iran 70, Team China 52 - FIBA
- Iran win Asian basketball title after beating China in final - Xinhua
- Nightmare defeat for China in final - Chen Xiangfeng - China Daily