Bruce Ratner is trying to sell the Nets, reports Sports Illustrated. In explaining the trade of Vince Carter, Ian Thomsen writes four potential owners have emerged, including Vincent Viola, the team's second biggest investor, and Mikhail Prokhorov, a Russian oligarch who until recently was an owner of CSKA Moscow, one of Europe's top teams. Two other unnamed groups are in the mix, writes Thomsen.
- Vince Carter Trade Indicates Nets May Be For Sale - Ian Thomsen - Sports Illustrated
- Who is Vincent Viola? - Net Income - NetsDaily Blog
- Who is Mikhail Prokhorov? - Net Income - NetsDaily Blog
- Note from a Fan - Time to Sell - Net Income - NetsDaily Blog
- Russian billionaire Prokhorov may buy NBA's New Jersey Nets - RIA Novosti