It wasn't a straight salary dump. The Nets did get a promising shooting guard in the Carter trade, one in fact that ironically they almost took in the 2008 draft. Nets brass had to choose between Ryan Anderson and Courtney Lee at #21 and took Anderson. The 6'5" Lee averaged 8.4 ppg during the regular season, starting 42 out of 77 games, shooting 40.4% from deep. Lee started 16 games in the playoffs.
- Courtney Lee - Player Info - NBA.com
- Tony Battie - Player Info - NBA.com
- Rafer Alston - Player Info - NBA.com
- Vince Carter - Player Info - NBA.com
- Ryan Anderson - Player Info - NBA.com
- Lee Looks Headed to Nets - Jeff Rabjohns - Indianapolis Star