Rod Thorn knew his decision to keep Lawrence Frank wasn't going to be popular, not with the Nets' business side or a lot of the fan base. But Thorn, who jokes that he had once fired Jerry Sloan, believes in Frank and so kept him on. Now, however, the pressure will be on Thorn, who like Frank has one year left on his contract. He knows his decision will be reexamined throughout next season...for good or bad.
- Thorn rebuffs critics, says team is 'lucky to have' Frank as coach - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Nets give Frank reprieve - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets announce Lawrence Frank to return as head coach - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Nets' Frank to coach final year - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Chris and Capper: Frankly Speaking - Chris Carrino - New Jersey Nets