ESPN's David Thorpe has made his call on Rookie of the Year and it's Derrick Rose, but just barely over Brook Lopez. The rookie ranker praises Lopez and makes the case that of all the NBA centers, Lopez is closest to Yao Ming. "He and Yao are the only two players in the NBA this season to have such balance on offense and also finish in the league's top 10 in blocked shots." Robin Lopez has his say as well.
- Rookie of the Year pick: Rose is the one - David Thorpe - ESPN
- 2008-09 NBA Rookie Class: Top 50 - David Thorpe - ESPN
- Hollinger's Player Statistics - Rookies - John Hollinger - ESPN Insider
- Robin Lopez' vote for ROY: Brook Lopez - Phoenix Stan - Bright Side of the Sun
- Rose stands alone as this season's top rookie - Dave McMenamin - NBA.com
- Rose closes season as top rookie - Bryan Armen Graham - Sports Illustrated