Rep. Bill Pascrell, the Passaic County Democrat whose district borders the Meadowlands, has asked the Treasury Department to "intervene" and stop Barclays Bank from going ahead with a naming rights agreement on the Nets' new arena. Pascarell notes insurer AIG provided billions to the British bank. Treasury bailed out AIG so it could pay claims from troubled banks, including Barclays.
- Pascrell Requests Treasury Dept. Intervene in Barclays-Atlantic Yards Arena Naming Rights Deal - Office of Congressman Bill Pascrell
- Jersey Pol Takes Swipe at Bruce Ratner's Arena Deal - Eliot Brown - New York Observer
- N.J. lawmaker takes on arena name - AP
- Congressman Wants Barclays-Nets Deal Scrapped - Richard Sandomir - New York Times
- Pascrell seeks cancellation of Brooklyn arena naming rights - John Brennan - The Record
- Rep. cries foul over Nets naming rights - Martin Kady Jr. - Politico
- Whose money is it? - Thurman Hart - Star-Ledger