Mobile phone provider MetroPCS has signed a "low seven figures" per year sponsor deal with the Nets, receiving the right to name the upper bowl at the new Barclays Center the "MetroPCS Pavillion". The news comes the day of a crucial court hearing in Brooklyn on the use of eminent domain to acquire property for the arena. The case is seen as a long shot, but critics claim they'll file even more appeals if they lose.
- Nets nab eighth founding sponsor - Terry Lefton - Sports Business Journal
- At Supreme Atlantic Yards Hearing, Questions of Process - Lydia DePillis - New York Observer
- So, Bruce, how much profit WILL you make on Atlantic Yards? - Gersh Kuntzman - Brooklyn Paper
- Arena opponents: New York violated eminent domain laws - John Brennan - The Record
- In a swift half-hour, eminent domain argument touches on balance of public and private benefit--but not much more - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report