Sen. Charles Schumer, one of the architects of the federal stimulus package--and a big supporter of Bruce Ratner's Atlantic Yards--said Thursday he did not know if the project would qualify for any of the $2.8 billion New York City will get in stimulus funds. Ratner has hired former Sen. Alfonse D'Amato, now a lobbyist, to help him secure funds from the stimulus package.
- US Senate aims for swift vote on stim plan-Schumer - Joan Gralla - Reuters
- Half-built sites cast shadow over NY economy - AP
- Could Atlantic Yards Get Stimulus Cash? It's Possible - Eliot Brown - New York Observer
- Stimulus for Atlantic Yards? New Depression Suggests Not - Roy Edroso - Village Voice
- Atlantic Yards Developer Lobbying for Stimulus Slice (Audio) - Matthew Schuerman - WNYC