Forbes annual report on the business of basketball confirms what we already know about the Nets' franchise: it's bad. Forbes reports that the team's value has shrunk to $269 million, $31 million less than what Bruce Ratner paid for it and 9% less than last year. The team's debt is equal to 77% of the franchise value, more than any other team. Nets fans? They rank 29th, just ahead of the Bobcats.
- The Business Of Basketball - Kurt Badenhausen, Michael K. Ozanian & Christina Settimi - Forbes
- NBA Team Valuations - Forbes
- Best and Worst Fans: #29 - New Jersey Nets - Forbes
- Lakers most valuable NBA franchise, Forbes says - AP
- Not a slam dunk - Paul Tharp - New York Post