The $500 million in Barclays Center bonds being offered this week should be priced at around 7%, slightly higher than those used to build Yankee Stadium and Citi Field. Experts expect the bonds will be sold. "If it’s structured right and priced right, there’s definitely demand," said an expert in tax-exempt bonds. "It looks like, after all this time, the Nets have the green light", added a sports marketing expert.
- Brooklyn Arena to Lead Tax-Exempt Sales as Similar Bond Gets 7% - Jeremy R. Cooke - Bloomberg News
- Nets eye pricing on bonds for new arena - John Lombardo - Sports Business Journal
- Municipal bond buyer on arena bonds: "there’s definitely demand" but "a lot of analysis" is required - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report
- Nets bonds inch closer to sale - Neil deMause - Field of Schemes
- Junkyard Bonds get tossed in garbage - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report