The Nets had a short (both on time and bodies) practice on Tuesday, and it will get worse. Yi Jianlian is out for several weeks with a sprained MCL. Trenton Hassell still isn't with the team, but is expected back for Wednesday's game. Lawrence Frank is happy with an improved defensive effort, and says that back-up bigmen positions are open, except now they're not backup. On Tuesday, he went with Bobby Simmons and the four and Sean Williams at the five as a reward for hard work in practice.
- Back to Work - Almost - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Nets waiting on an Yi-piphany - Dave D'Alessandro - Nets Blast
- Yi Jianlian sidelined with MCL sprain in right knee - Dave D'Alessandro - Nets Blast
- Yi Update - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Yi Jianlian sidelined with MCL sprain in right knee - AP
- Nets lose Yi for several weeks - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
- Yi has Grade 1 sprain, no timetable for return - Julian Garcia - The InterNets