No one can say how much money Mikhail ("Call me Mike") Prokhorov will spend on the Nets, but he sure knows how to do lunch. Prokhorov took six friends out Wednesday, dropping nearly $19,000--including tip--at Nello, the trendy Manhattan eatery. The bill included a $5,000 bottle of wine and $72 for six bottles of water. Nello's owner said Prokhorov is "looking forward to being a very big part of New York." Very big.
- Nets buyer & pals hoop it up - Rich Calder - New York Post
- Just say nyet to Nello - Steve Cuozzo - New York Post
- ‘Mike’ Prokhorov Set to Be Approved - Marcel Mutoni - SLAM
- Nello Balan Strikes Again! - Cityfile New York
- Prokhorov spends $18,760 on lunch; an average Brooklynite could buy a candy bar (spending the same % of net worth) - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report