The Star-Ledger reports Nets are warming to the idea of playing next season at "The Rock"...but such an arrangement would require a change in the team's lease at the IZOD. Under its current lease, the team can leave at any point for Brooklyn, but if it moves to Newark, there's an $8 million penalty. The Nets hope to break ground in Brooklyn in December. Arena construction could take as little as 26 months.
- Nets weighing a temporary move to Newark arena - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- At second pre-season game at The Rock in Newark, Nets attendance exceeds regular-season average--and an interim move grows more likely - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report
- Nets draw attention - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets considering Newark move (temporarily) - Neil deMause - Field of Schemes
- Izod Center naming rights deal going up in smoke - Brand Dunk
- NJ Sports and Exposition Authority Must Not Release Nets from Lease - Senator Gerald Cardinale (R-39)