Chris Douglas-Roberts grew up in Detroit, went to the legendary Cass Tech HS before heading south to Memphis. Some in Motown thought he was Rip Hamilton II, but he declined to work out for the Pistons. Now, local writers are calling him out. They blame his selection at #40 by the Nets on his ego and refusal to work out for mid-first round clubs ... although he did work out for the Nets. Boston thought he played no D.
- Blowing off workouts, not a good idea - A. Sherrod Blakely - Booth Newspapers
- CDR Did NOT Want to Be a Piston - Matt Dery - WDFN
- Chris Douglas-Roberts likely had no interest in playing for the Pistons - Justin Rogers - Booth Newspapers
- Who Slipped and Why - Yannis Koutroupis - HoopsWorld
- Minus ’D’ CDR no C - Mark Murphy - Boston Herald
- Disappointing night for many early entrants - Andy Katz - ESPN
- Around the NBA: Not an option - Chris McCosky - Detroit News