Disgraced NBA ref Tim Donaghy has told prosecutors two fellow refs he described as NBA "company men", called "made-up fouls" in a 2002 NBA playoff game to push a series into a seventh game and help the league's preferred team. Donaghy didn't identify the series, but only the Western Conference championship between the Lakers and Kings went seven games in 2002. The Lakers won and beat the Nets in the Finals.
- Donaghy: NBA refs fixed 2002 playoff game - Tony DeStefano - New York Newsday
- Ex-referee Tim Donaghy blows whistle on NBA dirty secrets - John Marzulli - New York Daily News
- After probe, we all wonder - Aileen Voison - Sacramento Bee
- NBA's Donaghy nightmare finally materializes - Bruce Arthur - National Post
- Donaghy Cites Broad Misconduct in N.B.A. - Howard Beck - New York Times
- 2002 Lakers-Kings Game 6 at heart of Donaghy allegations - Chris Sheridan - ESPN
- True or not, ref's charges linger over NBA finals - Brian Mahoney - AP