The Nets, along with the Mets and Yankees, want the city of New York to help them with additional financing for their new homes and the city is willing to go along, but needs an exemption from the IRS. The federal tax agency is cracking down on financing sports facilities with tax-exempt debt. City officials say both they and state officials have asked the IRS for the exemption.
- Yankees want more NYC bonds for stadium: Brodsky - Joan Gralla - Reuters
- Yankees may seek more public financing for new stadium - AP
- A Question Mark Looms Over 3 Expensive Projects - Charles V. Bagli - New York Times
- Funding the new Yankee ballpark - Bill Ritter - 7Online
- Yankees seek more public financing - Cathy Burke - New York Post
- No more stadium tax breaks, pols howl - Adam Lisberg - New York Daily News