While protestors and construction workers staged counter rallies at the site of his planned Atlantic Yards, Bruce Ratner penned a guest column in the Daily News. He promised a 10-year build-out for the project, starting with the Nets' arena. "We anticipate finishing all of Atlantic Yards by 2018," he wrote. Ratner blamed critics and the economy for the project's slow-down, and doesn't even mention Newark. And in a Record poll, Jerseyans want the IZOD Center shut down soon.
- Atlantic Yards dead? Dream on - Bruce Ratner - New York Daily News
- Developer: Atlantic Yards 'moving forward in its entirety' - New York Newsday
- The Record Poll: Izod Center no longer needed - John Brennan - The Record
- Ratner vows to break ground on Atlantic Yards - Elizabeth Hays and Rachel Monahan - New York Daily News
- In Daily News Ratner asserts AY by 2018, ignores countervailing evidence - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report
- Ratner Says Atlantic Yards Project Is On Track Despite Delays (Video) - NY1