Both Ian O'Connor and Adrian Wojnarowski wrote for local papers in the Jason Kidd era. With Kidd struggling vs. Chris Paul, they write today about Kidd's past and present. O'Connor goes back in Nets' history to show how Kidd never appreciated his coach, and now-nemesis, Byron Scott. He writes about the Nets' devastating Game 3 loss to the Celtics in the 2002 playoffs, how Scott's coolness saved the day. Woj, on the other hand, suggests the Mavs may have risked it all in the Kidd trade.
- Ousting Kidd would be ultimate payoff for Scott - Ian O'Connor - FOX Sports
- Time for Kidd, Mavericks to panic - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- Paul becomes Thorn in Mavericks' side - Shaun Powell - New York Newsday
- Sweet sounds of success for Hornets - John Hollinger - ESPN
- This time, Scott's relationship with his star point guard is a good one - Chris Mannix - Sports Illustrated