Devean George approached the Nets in 2002 when he was a free agent. The Nets weren't interested. He approached them again in 2006 and again they weren't interested. Now, the Nets really, really want George and he's not interested. Everyone seems to have an opinion about what George did invoking his Bird Rights and blocking an eight-player, three-pick package. Maybe he just wants a fourth ring.
- Score it as a dubious block - Peter May - Boston Globe
- George has every right to block Kidd trade, but he shouldn't - Chris Perkins - Palm Beach Post
- George is the best holdup man since Jesse James - David Thomas - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- NBA players, teammates standing behind George - Jeff Caplan - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- George's balk puts him in a no-win situation - Marlon Morgan - Memphis Commercial Appeal