Quoting a source in the Mavericks' organization, Peter Vecsey says one reason Jason Kidd wants the Nets to deal him to Dallas is money...big money. Vecsey writes that Mavs' owner Mark Cuban has told Kidd's agent he will give Kidd a $20 million, one-year extension if a deal can be worked out. The problem is that a deal is elusive without a third team and there aren't a lot of takers. There are however a lot of doubters in the media about how real the rumors are.
- No Kiddin' Around - Peter Vecsey - New York Post
- Marbury Deal Isn't Done Haunting Knicks Fans - John Hollinger - New York Sun
- Point of View: Kidd Trade Makes Little Sense - Bill Ingram & Jason Fleming - Hoopsworld
- Kidd Done Sharing - Jonathan Feigen - Hoopsworld
- Mavs weighing pros, cons of landing Kidd via trade - Chris Mannix - Sports Illustrated