With New York basketball writers focused on Walsh v. Marbury, the Nets have quietly built a 80-by-60 foot billboard featuring Devin Harris above the ESPN Zone in Times Square. Meanwhile, Rod Thorn has engineered a quiet roster makeover that Harvey Araton and John Hollinger believe is just as big, just as impressive. Hollinger calls the Kidd-Harris trade "one of the great fleecings in recent NBA history".
- Nets’ Harris Leads Nucleus of Young Talent - Harvey Araton - New York Times
- Hollinger's PER Diem: Dec. 1, 2008 - John Hollinger - ESPN
- Thorn encouraged by Nets' strong start - Julian Garcia - The InterNets
- The Boss, Bad Tires, and Great Expectations - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Nets president Rod Thorn praises Devin Harris and Vince Carter - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Nets' trade for Harris paying real dividends - Mike Monroe - San Antonio Express-News
- Rod. Maybe a turning point. Stuff - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog