When no one thinks much of your chances to begin with, then you win four of five, people notice. John Schuhmann and Marc Stein put the Nets at #16--that's playoff territory--in their rankings. Schuhmann notes, "Vince Carter came with the goods and then some Friday". Stein admits, "Didn't see any of it coming." Marty Burns goes with the Nets at #21 while John Hollinger's computer is not impressed: #24.
- Power Rankings: an Eventful Four Days - John Schuhmann - NBA.com
- Power Rankings: Celtics, Lakers and Cavs a cut above the rest - Marc Stein - ESPN
- 2008-2009 Hollinger Power Rankings - John Hollinger - ESPN
- Salary-cap moves unlikely to alter NBA landscape - Marty Burns - Sports Illustrated
- NBA power rankings: Lakers stay steady in No. 1 spot - Chris Colston - USA Today
- BDL NBA Power Rankings: Nuggets rising, Raptors diving - J.E. Skeets - Ball Don't Lie