Yi Jianlian starred Sunday when the Nets beat the Heat in London, but in a way he had a starring role before the game too. That's when the NBA announced its biggest overseas expansion. The NBA and AEG will design and operate at least a dozen arenas in China. Yi and Yao Ming have helped popularize the NBA in China, with 1.6 billion watching NBA games last season.
- N.B.A. and Partner to Help Build 12 Arenas in China - Richard Sandomir - New York Times
- NBA in joint venture to build arenas in China - Chris Lehourites - AP
- Stern : China Expansion (video) - Ahmad Rashad - NBA.com
- NBA and partner to build huge arenas in China - Xinhua
- Ladies and Gents...Your starting lineup - Julian Garcia - The InterNets